Garden Square Latest News
- By premgarden on July 11, 2014Read more
Enterprise Herts is coming to Garden Square Shopping Centre on Friday 25th and Saturday 26th July, between 10am and 4pm.
We’ve have been recruiting local crafts people, artists and entrepreneurs since April, and with a full line up, the unique shopping experience is set to tempt local shoppers.
The event is providing local entrepreneurs and small businesses with a stage to promote and sell their wares, and has been set up to help celebrate the county’s creativity and enable people, who wouldn’t ordinarily achieve such high exposure, the chance to shine.
The July line up includes:
- Lubbly Bubbly specialise in moisturising bath and body products. They will also be selling a special recipe bath bomb that is highly effective at relieving stress! Friday only.
- Denise Boswer Artist produces vibrant watercolours and oil paintings depicting flowers, landscapes and abstract themes. Friday only.
- Enchanted Touches offers a beautiful selection of hand crafted stationery and tiaras, alongside running children’s jewellery making parties. Saturday only.
- Mandy Wax Art is an artist / printmaker, making original prints from her own designs. Mandy also makes mixed media pieces using stitch and textiles, plus a range of handmade greetings cards. Saturday only.
- Ruth Lewis Jewellery is a jewellery designer maker based in Letchworth, creating handmade silver jewellery. Ruth also teaches others to make silver jewellery on either a one off basis or in a series of lessons. Friday only.
- Juliaheartsu makes Kimonos from up-cycled scarf’s and second hand fabrics. All fabrics and trims are sourced from the UK and everything is handmade & finished by Julia on her sewing machine. Julia also makes detachable collars to update your existing wardrobe. Saturday only.
- Carys L produces personalised and bespoke framed pictures using words to create a shape. Both days.
- Handmade by Holly creates clothing for women. Holly started off sewing kimono style dressing gowns, in beautiful floral fabrics, and has progressed to make their own retro hair scrunches which have proven to be our best seller! Friday only.
- Sparkling Sapphire’s make hand made jewellery using mainly semi precious stones like amethyst, agate and jasper. Plus bead work using glass beads. Friday only.
- Hertfordshire College of Music provide music lessons on Guitar, Drums, Vocals, Bass Guitar and Piano for children and adults. Lessons are either in groups or one-to-one and take place in our fully equipped studios in Ware, Herts. Both days.
- Nicola Jane Designs produce one-off handmade textile pieces such as purses, bags, cushions etc using a variety of different textile techniques. Nicola specialises in reverse applique with all her pieces being vibrantly coloured and finished with lengths of ribbon and beads. Commissions welcomed. Friday only.
- Caroline’s Cards sell handmade cards and tags, with free personalisation and orders taken, prices up to £2.75. They also make and sell hand knitted baby and toddler clothing, with orders taken. Saturday only.
- Alexis Vintage sell bespoke jewelled items such as jewellery, phone cases , mirrors , wedding accessories, frames and more. Saturday only.
- Hazel Godfrey is a practising willow artist. Hazel leads willow weaving workshops at her studio and at community venues. She works to commission, demonstrate skills at events, work in schools and community settings, attend fairs and markets, make living willow work in season, and take part in exhibitions. All materials are all grown locally on Hazel’s willow plantation in North Hertfordshire. Both days.
Shoppers attending the event on Saturday 26th July have the chance to claim their FREE Garden Square shopping centre bag by signing up to the centre’s database.
The event will also take place on the 29th and 30th August, with more local enterprises and businesses included in the line up.
- By premgarden on July 4, 2014Read more
A full programme of interactive activities includes a Razer Gaming Bus, Gaming Rig Showcase Arena, KFA Football Freestylers (UEFA Young Champions League Winners) and a Beat The Goalie Challenge!
Letchworth’s very own System Restore UK will be hosting the event and running competitions throughout the day as well as relocating their IT centre to Leys Square for the day!
If you’re an avid video gamer or completely obsessed with football, this is definitely one you wont want to miss!
For more information please visit System Restore’s Facebook Page.